Do i keep feeding the bacteria?

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my current test results for my cycle. I was able to process ammonia to nitrite to nitrate. But its taking 48 hours to process all of that. Is that means my tank cycled? Or it has to be 24 hours?. And if i can add fish its going to be monday do i need to keep feeding my tank ammonia so bacteria wont die till monday?

20220916_164553.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need to feed the bacteria. Did you add any bottled bacteria when you started? How high was ammonia dosed? By the looks the tank is already cycled, but depends on those questions.

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need to feed the bacteria. Did you add any bottled bacteria when you started? How high was ammonia dosed? By the looks the tank is already cycled, but depends on those questions.
I added full bottle of fritz 900. 3 weeks. And i was feesing it everh other day when it drops to 0. I added around 2ppm ammonia

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are good, you don't have to continue to feed it. I think that @dstockwell thought your tank had only been up for 48 hours, but it seems like it has been up for 3 weeks? Is that correct?
Thats correct 3weeks. But my questioj was im able to process ammonia to nitrite to nitrate in 48 hours. And i heard your cycle is done when you can process those in 24 hours. Thats my question

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats correct 3weeks. But my questioj was im able to process ammonia to nitrite to nitrate in 48 hours. And i heard your cycle is done when you can process those in 24 hours. Thats my question
How much are you dosing? What reading does ammonia start at when you dose, how many gallons, how much rock.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get too wrapped up in it. Do a water change and add a small fish or 2, tank size depending..

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API don’t read much below .25ppm.
Rock, sand, saltwater and a bottle of bacteria, 4-5 days, then add one or two fish.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been 3 weeks. So im adding gish ny monday if posssible.
You’ve been good to go. Have fun, throw away your ammonia and nitrite tests, these are just money wasters.

Let your fish move your cycle stronger.

Times have changed, the multi month cycle is a waste of time.

Rock, sand, bacteria, saltwater, 4-5 days, have fun.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back