Do I need a controller?

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes we/I can help you. Once you get the controller published through your Internet Firewall via port forwarding it can be remotely accessed. I have been working with a buddy and we install things in phases on his 300G tank and I configure it remotely. Tonight we got his MP60's and WXM working along with Email alerting. When you get it PM me or throw up a post and we can all help. Also check out ReefTronics.net There are plenty of code samples. My handle on there is TDB and I have just about every relevant gadget that they make.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TripleT

TripleT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up using my old Apex and have everything running thru it. I got it setup with video and can remote view it, AWESOME! I am also on reeftronics and that is an amazing website and a great guy that runs it. I can't imagine anything being better than an Apex. I am saving right now for 2 Vortech MP40's, hopefully I will get them by summer. Once I get the MP40's I will be pretty much finished with equipment. I am spending my time right now getting ready for our frag swap. That's right NEW CORAL's!!

vbsaltydog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine anything being better than an Apex.

IMO The Apex is fine for simple functions and it has facilities (virtual outlets) for expanding on the simple functions but there are better solutions available (reef angel, GHL Profilux, etc.) if you want more advanced control over your reef.

OP
OP
TripleT

TripleT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say different not better. I think saying its better would assume you know exactly what I want and more importantly what I NEED. Any way the apex fills all my needs and I can't imagine what else I would want it to do.

vbsaltydog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think saying its better would assume you know exactly what I want and more importantly what I NEED.

I was not suggesting that another device would be better for you specifically but rather, I was simply weighing in for anyone that comes across this thread while researching controllers that IMO, there are better controllers than the Apex and I cited a few examples for them to investigate.

I am glad you have what you need. At the end of the day, thats what matters most.

Back