Do I need a macro lense.

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shooting with a Canon 55-225 telephoto lense. I added A 36mm tube and I'm getting some nice macro shots. Is there anything to gain by buying a true macro lense? If so should I get a telephoto lense or fixed lense.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re happy with your shots, I’d say no. I upgraded to a 90mm Tamron and I really like it. If you’re going to go for a macro, get a prime lens.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @TheEngineer if you like the shots your getting, why spend the money? I do at the same time think using something like extension tubes is no comparison to a high end macro lens. I personally bought a canon 100mm is and I must say it’s incredible. However I delt without one for quite sometime and got great shots also.

OP
OP
O'l Salty

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shots are ok. I'm having trouble with hi ISO setting which are set automatically. Some lenses have a light ring and I wonder if that would help lower the ISO. I want very close up shots that are crystal clear.

OP
OP
O'l Salty

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @TheEngineer if you like the shots your getting, why spend the money? I do at the same time think using something like extension tubes is no comparison to a high end macro lens. I personally bought a canon 100mm is and I must say it’s incredible. However I delt without one for quite sometime and got great shots also.

Did you get a fixed or zoom lense.

Monterey Bay Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True macro lenses will have 1:1 magnification, you will not be able to achieve this with other lenses.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back