Do I need more flow?

Bubblebass

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
381
Reaction score
157
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a standard 120g with a 40g sump. I have a 990gph Sicce main pump and a 1150gph Hydor powerhead on the opposite side of the rear glass as the return. I feel like there is little to no current anywhere in the tank except about 8 inches below the surface. I have mostly LPS corals with some softies. I upgraded from a 29 cube a few months back. There was more flow in the cube and it made things move and sway more. Everything seems happy, it jut seems there should be more movement.

Should I add another powerhead? If so where and what size? In between the other ones?
 
If they ain't movin, they ain't happy. Get a othe flower head on the other sids and maybe one on the back as well. Either try to make them create a wave of atleast some sort of disturbance in the tank for chaotic flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new