Do I need the DOS with the Trident

  • Thread starter Thread starter A_game43
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

A_game43

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2017
Messages
523
Reaction score
919
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at buying the APEX Trident system and was wondering do I need the DOS pumps as well to enable the control side of the Trident system? Do other dosing pumps work with the Trident when you want to control Alk and Calc with this system?
 
Be careful what you wish for.

Observe your results over time and then ask the same question after a year.

I think you will answer your own question.
 
You can get the DŌS, but keeping the Trident in calibration is a must. I used a wifi Jebao doser for 2 years with no problem. The only one that directly doses off of the Trident results is the DŌS though.
 
I just got one, and thought that getting a dos at the same time would be ideal. After thinking about it for a while I decided that I would rather handle the dosing on a separate doser. A testing malfunction could cause a disaster.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new