Do I need to cut off the dead part?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shazreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shazreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Messages
48
Reaction score
23
Location
Trinidad and Tobago
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

The lower part of this goniopora is dead. Do I NEED to cut the dead part off for this coral to continue growing or would it naturally grow and get bigger if I leave it as is?


 
If it starts growing algae that irritates the coral, then yes. Otherwise let it be.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new