Do i need to dose trace elements with ati essentials pro 2 part?

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

My tank is very stable. Alk, calc, mag, temp, salinity and nutrients remain very constant which I'm super pleased with. However I randomly lost a couple of sps frags at exactly the same time recently.

This made me think maybe my trace elements are low. I've been in the hobby about 16 months so its about time I started looking into trace elements and testing for them. I dose ati essentials pro 2 part which state that trace elements are included but im unsure.

Do any of your dose trace elements with your ati essentials 2 part ?

Also, can anyone suggest a test service in the UK for me to send a sample away to for a report?

Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you perform water changes? Depending on the size of your tank, you can often replace most of your trace elements with just water changes (this also depends on your coral makeup as well).

You could look at an Aquaforest Lab test kit in Europe (some may have some other recommendations).

OP
OP
Willbiker

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you perform water changes? Depending on the size of your tank, you can often replace most of your trace elements with just water changes (this also depends on your coral makeup as well).

You could look at an Aquaforest Lab test kit in Europe (some may have some other recommendations).
I my total system is about 900 litres (frag tank plumbed in) and I change around 5 to 7% per week. My tank is medium stocked and is mixed. I dose 16ml per day of ati essentials alk and 25ml of calc (currently trying to raise my calc)

Thanks!
20211025_190610.jpg

OP
OP
Willbiker

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump :)

Do I even need to test my trace elements or should I just find a product(s) which can be added to my ati 2 part?

Does anyone one on here use ATI 2 part but also add trace elements also?

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet is to do an ICP test to determine if your trace elements are low or not. Check your lfs to see what kinds they have available. I don't believe low trace elements would be the cause of corals dying.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back