Do I need to recalibrate my trident every time I change my reagents?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this has been asked before but I wasn't sure. I always run out of trident calibration fluid since I usually calibrate my trident every time I replace any of the reagents. My calcium and magnesium are empty but my alk is at 50%. Should I replace my calcium and magnesium and wait to calibrate my trident when my alk runs out or should I do it now? what's the best way? and is it okay to not recalibrate every time I need to replace a reagent? thanks

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this has been asked before but I wasn't sure. I always run out of trident calibration fluid since I usually calibrate my trident every time I replace any of the reagents. My calcium and magnesium are empty but my alk is at 50%. Should I replace my calcium and magnesium and wait to calibrate my trident when my alk runs out or should I do it now? what's the best way? and is it okay to not recalibrate every time I need to replace a reagent? thanks
Typically you should be ok doing it with each new box. Personally I only calibrate mine like every 6 months.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically I do it every two months. When I get a new box of reagents with a cal solution.

been looking at other cal solution options.
Going to try ABC reagents just haven’t got around to ordering.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I calibrate at the 3 replacement. Check the alk reading just before and after you replace A …. If it’s close no need to calibrate.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back