• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I still have to quarantine the fish if I’m buying a fish from a local person that is getting out the hobby breaking down their tank?
Shouldn’t the fish already be quarantine from being in their tank alive and well

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that does not mean they are quarantined just used to their tank. A lot of tanks have things like ich under control and it actually doesnt show up on fish, but it is still in the system. They can still infect fish in your tank so best is to always qt and medicate new fish. They will have a much lower chance of infecting fish with things like brook which kills fish fast but there is always a chance

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have found some will omit the fact the had something going in their tank.
So unless the person is a close trusted friend, at least hold it for observation

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back