Do I thighten them all the way?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dtfnemo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks for all the help guys!!! I'm gonna still not sure what to use but leaning probably to the sealing compound
 
Silicone and you have mucked up the threads if you later need to take apart and re-install and you gotta get ALL the old silicone off before re-applying. I'm not sure what compound has been proven to be reef safe but your call. Bottom line, whatever you use, DON'T OVERTIGHTEN.
 
Silicone and you have mucked up the threads if you later need to take apart and re-install and you gotta get ALL the old silicone off before re-applying. I'm not sure what compound has been proven to be reef safe but your call. Bottom line, whatever you use, DON'T OVERTIGHTEN.

You know I think I'm going to have to get new fittings for the unions because I went full beast mode on some of them and I dont want to risk it.
First plumbing job ever so I really don't want to fail
 
You know I think I'm going to have to get new fittings for the unions because I went full beast mode on some of them and I dont want to risk it.
First plumbing job ever so I really don't want to fail
Failure is not good.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new