Do my acan corals look healthy?

RyanTheSquid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2025
Messages
205
Reaction score
72
Location
New Mexico
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All are new except the one that is not a frag holder on the glass, which is in my care for a little over a year, I have seen little growth on it. But one of the new ones has a head that has more than doubled in size since I got them last thursday.
f2438db6-3636-47cd-939f-86bffc9aa3b6.jpg
8baecdf1-e20b-4929-93cb-61fb35d7d195.jpg
006391fe-b31c-4e05-890d-3bf8efa2f0a9.jpg
131444ed-7c1a-49eb-bd05-c3ad6ac3faea.jpg
25c77041-23b4-4987-9d88-9806af80a0a1.jpg
805159a7-5904-4837-abd4-2ef5c9639be7.jpg
5d2ea1fa-2793-463d-bf46-e42029a37334.jpg
 
Feeding tentacles is a good sign and puffy tissue. All looks good
Good to hear, I guess I just havent seen them as flas as 2 of them are. I'm used to them being more bowl shaped.
 
Good to hear, I guess I just havent seen them as flas as 2 of them are. I'm used to them being more bowl shaped.
Bowl shape will come as they grow. The flattening may just be them adjusting. They'll most likely start curling in soon. Many acans ive seen (including my holy grail) have flat polyps too. Its really random
 
Good to hear, I guess I just havent seen them as flas as 2 of them are. I'm used to them being more bowl shaped.
Bowl shape will come as they grow. The flattening may just be them adjusting. They'll most likely start curling in soon. Many acans ive seen (including my holy grail) have flat polyps too. Its really random
I'm not oppose to the flat polyps, shows off the color and design well, but im used to seeing them as bowls. Both look nice to me.
 
I'm not oppose to the flat polyps, shows off the color and design well, but im used to seeing them as bowls. Both look nice to me.
A big thing about your frags is that the red ones are single polyp. It may not have the supporting polyps pushing eachother up which im sure could happen
 
I'm not oppose to the flat polyps, shows off the color and design well, but im used to seeing them as bowls. Both look nice to me.
A big thing about your frags is that the red ones are single polyp. It may not have the supporting polyps pushing eachother up which im sure could happen
I see, I hadn't thought of that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new