Do Nassarius and other snails come out during the day?

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason the Conchs, Nassasius, Trochus and Cerith snails only come out at night in my tank. Maybe because they learned that my Melanurus is a villain. But the Trochus and Astraea are out and about and they are fine. Is this the case for your tank? How can I make them come out more during the day?

Thanks.

ReefGoddesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the most part, my Nassarius snails are generally hidden within the sand bed: as they prefer a nice size sand bed, which doesn’t need to be too deep. However, as soon as I feed the tank, they pop up everywhere to the surface for food. They are great scavengers and detritus eaters.

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They pop out sometimes when I feed pellets, but very rarely... but if I put in my chopped seafood blend (mussels, oysters, squid, shrimp...) they come right out. I think it mostly has to do with the scent of the food in the water.

Ellis Syke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason the Conchs, Nassasius, Trochus and Cerith snails only come out at night in my tank. Maybe because they learned that my Melanurus is a villain. But the Trochus and Astraea are out and about and they are fine. Is this the case for your tank? How can I make them come out more during the day?

Thanks.
they often come out during feeding time, but I don't generally see them too much during the day otherwise

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back