Do Noo-Psyche lights not work on mesh networks?

emmysnewtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not yet. it’s been snowing the last few days so I’ve been waiting to give it a try

Let me know if you get this figured out. Could use some help, because I am over butting my head against the wall trying to do the same thing with this light and it not working.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you typically can set up two networks through an ip address for your wifi company. What internet do you use. I had to set up an individual network for my 2.4 i have a diff ssid name for my mesh and a diff one for 2.4 use only with diff passwords should show up as 2 different wifi connections.

OP
OP
T

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you get this figured out. Could use some help, because I am over butting my head against the wall trying to do the same thing with this light and it not working.
Still hasn’t worked for me yet unfortunately. I haven’t tested the extension cord but I tried plugging it into the outlet in my front garden and got half way down the driveway. Unplugged the mesh hubs except for the main unit and had 1 bar showing on my phone when I tried. Still might need to go further down the driveway but I really don’t have high hopes since actually turning 5g off for 10 minutes on the mesh didn’t work.

OP
OP
T

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you typically can set up two networks through an ip address for your wifi company. What internet do you use. I had to set up an individual network for my 2.4 i have a diff ssid name for my mesh and a diff one for 2.4 use only with diff passwords should show up as 2 different wifi connections.

I was initially thinking about doing this but for the extra expense, all it would beat over AP mode is holding an accurate time. Which
I’m not sure if it’s worth it at that point. I’d still be swapping back and forth between networks to connect like with AP mode. And it’s the swapping that kills me inside haha.

It’s not a huge deal, but the wifi part was a big part of the reason i purchased this light so it’s a bit disappointing.

I’m going to be moving into a new place in a few months which is a lot smaller so I may not even need to run a mesh network once I’m there. We’ll see lol.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my light in today and so far am unable to get it to connect to my mesh system. So once you get the blue light constantly flashing you just hit save in the app for Wi-Fi mode after allowing location and typing in your Wi-Fi password? Does anyone know if the light and the phone have to be close to each other for the first connection, because I am putting the light into pairing mode then going outside to force my phone to the 2.4ghz band. I doubt they do but wanted to check.

OP
OP
T

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my light in today and so far am unable to get it to connect to my mesh system. So once you get the blue light constantly flashing you just hit save in the app for Wi-Fi mode after allowing location and typing in your Wi-Fi password? Does anyone know if the light and the phone have to be close to each other for the first connection, because I am putting the light into pairing mode then going outside to force my phone to the 2.4ghz band. I doubt they do but wanted to check.

Yep, press and hold until it starts flashing and release the button while it’s still flashing. Don’t hold it until it stops flashing or it will change back to Ap mode. Also yes hit save on your phone once it’s constantly flashing.

as for the phone being away from the light. it would probably work but I have no clue how much range it has. I should give that a try too lol.

let us know how it goes

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, press and hold until it starts flashing and release the button while it’s still flashing. Don’t hold it until it stops flashing or it will change back to Ap mode. Also yes hit save on your phone once it’s constantly flashing.

as for the phone being away from the light. it would probably work but I have no clue how much range it has. I should give that a try too lol.

let us know how it goes
With me taking my phone away from the light I haven’t gotten it to work. I will try unplugging part of my mesh network tomorrow and see if I can force my phone to 2.4ghz tomorrow. I know my phone was on 2.4ghz because I also setup a InkBird device today that took my phone being on 2.4ghz.

emmysnewtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my k7 working today on LAN mode. I had to log in to my router and change the password on the 2g band, so it wasn't meshed with the 5g. once I did that, I guess it stays in 2g on phone/app and I was able to successfully connect.

going to set this light up on a new IM15 cube over the holidays...

OP
OP
T

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my k7 working today on LAN mode. I had to log in to my router and change the password on the 2g band, so it wasn't meshed with the 5g. once I did that, I guess it stays in 2g on phone/app and I was able to successfully connect.

going to set this light up on a new IM15 cube over the holidays...
Do you have a separate mesh system hooked up to the router or is it just the router that’s meshed for you?

I don’t think it works if the mesh is a separate system/network.

I got it working off the router that way too but then my mesh system (separate from the router) doesn’t work lol. It doesn’t keep that way either when I switched back. the mesh has a different ip than the modem/router.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back