Do PBTs pick at gorgonians?

costaricareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, the question says it all. I've had these ugly photosynthetic gorgonians (plain vanilla light brown) for about 6 months now and they have been growing like weeds. I introduced a PBT 4 months ago and all good. During the last two weeks, the gorgonians have been closing up for no apparent reason. Today I saw the PBT picking at them, and come to think about it, I think I may have seen him do it earlier on, but really didn't think anything of it since they were really open. I feed pellets three times a day, nori almost every day and frozen brine shrimp every couple of days. Other fish are two clowns, coral beauty, green mandarin, yellow damsel and lawnmower blenny. The fish are growing and look well. All other corals (mainly SPS are doing fine and growing). Parameters are very steady: Alk 8.7-9, Ca 450, Mg 1360, No3 10-20, Po4 0.08-0.12, ph 8.2-8.4, t 78-80, ORP 280-300.

Well anyway, just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with PBTs or other tangs nipping at gorgonians.

Thanks,

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen my PT peck at gorgonian on many occasions. It seems that it like the taste of the gorgonian slime, and really digs in and pecks aggressively.

This does not appear to harm the gorgonian.

Upvote 0
Back