Do pods really eat cyano and/or dinos?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've seen posts where people say they have "heard" that pods eat cyano and dinos. But is anyone able to say that pods definitely made a difference?
While they can or will, they cannot keep up with the rate of reproduction of cyano and dino

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well according to the BRS video if you add a TON of pods during a specific point of the ugly stage then you may notice a positive difference...however, if your tank isn't going through the "ugly phase" and you have dinos or cyano i highly doubt adding a bunch of pods would be the cure. Probably better to identify the source of the problem and go from there.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well according to the BRS video if you add a TON of pods during a specific point of the ugly stage then you may notice a positive difference...however, if your tank isn't going through the "ugly phase" and you have dinos or cyano i highly doubt adding a bunch of pods would be the cure. Probably better to identify the source of the problem and go from there.
Fortunately, I don't have any issues right now, but my hope is that they will help prevent them in the future.

Last edited:

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added pods early on and so far never had an issue with dinos and my ugly stage was little to nothing. Dry rock , live sand, one 1 pound live rock from someones old tank and slowly added turbos as there was enough food for them.

Back