Do stomatellas reproduce asexually?

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can find most are saying no, but somehow I went from 1 that came in on a frag to having several more in various sizes. I suppose some eggs might have been along for the ride but I think I would have noticed.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely there were eggs there that you missed. Congrats on the reproduction, I have yet to see it in my tank despite having about a dozen lol

kirbuno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know the answer to your question. However you may have had more than one come as a hitchhiker and not notice them. I have an outbreak (not a bad thing) of them in my tank. None of which I intentionally brought in. What I've noticed is they are super tiny when young. Think so small that they would have to travel to get from one side of a pin head to the other. So that may account for your population.

kirbuno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's what happened in my tank a couple of nights ago. Caused my skimmer to suddenly go crazy, foaming so much that it foamed over the edge of my sump and all over my electronics, which caused my circuit breaker to trip stopping the whole tank activities, which I then noticed because luckily I was in the room. Took awhile to figure out and a couple of hours to dry everything out.
Now it's back to the drawing board to rewire everything and take my electronics out of my sump area. Guess the possibility should have kept me from putting electronics in the sump area at all. But I've seen plenty of others do it and it seemed like a good idea at the time.
But I digress.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too funny. R2R FTW.
b39d95e9e94faa62c90333078cf9ec1c.jpg

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can find most are saying no, but somehow I went from 1 that came in on a frag to having several more in various sizes. I suppose some eggs might have been along for the ride but I think I would have noticed.

One day I found a fully grown Stomatella cruisin the reef..,.... I had never seen that thing before in my life. Now I have a million.

Check out this video clip:

https://instagram.com/p/Bl1DN8_ncj8/

:)

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a freak for them. Not kidding. Paid 50.00 to have some.

Wheeeeerrreee?! I miss Abby (So named b/c the only one I ever had looked like a mini version of my abalone).

Someone shut up and take my money - I want Stomatellas, Mini Brittles, and collonista snails. I miss having that trio in my DT (Mass Microfauna death in a battle w/ red FW. Not enough toxins to kill any big critters, but all my microfauna died :mad::confused:;Wideyed)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wheeeeerrreee?! I miss Abby (So named b/c the only one I ever had looked like a mini version of my abalone).

Someone shut up and take my money - I want Stomatellas, Mini Brittles, and collonista snails. I miss having that trio in my DT (Mass Microfauna death in a battle w/ red FW. Not enough toxins to kill any big critters, but all my microfauna died :mad::confused:;Wideyed)
KP aquatics

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

KP aquatics

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

KP aquatics

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back