Do these nassarius snails have parasites?

franciscosalazar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
95
Reaction score
13
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen those "tail-feather" looking features before on these types of snails nor found similar images online..
20170121_152839.jpg
20170121_152811.jpg
20170121_152744.jpg
20170121_152701.jpg
 
I am sure you can treat them but I do not know with what as I do not know exactly what they are.
 
Id leavem in the bag or water and acclimate till the experts weigh in. Are the little "things" hard or soft. look like spiral snails?
 
Sorry I'm no help here, but curious at this point.
 
I have only seen them lay eggs on surfaces. If those are eggs I would be cautious as I don't think they are theirs. The snails could be a different family of the species.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 13.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new