Do these nassarius snails have parasites?

franciscosalazar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
95
Reaction score
13
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen those "tail-feather" looking features before on these types of snails nor found similar images online..
20170121_152839.jpg
20170121_152811.jpg
20170121_152744.jpg
20170121_152701.jpg
 
I am sure you can treat them but I do not know with what as I do not know exactly what they are.
 
Id leavem in the bag or water and acclimate till the experts weigh in. Are the little "things" hard or soft. look like spiral snails?
 
Sorry I'm no help here, but curious at this point.
 
I have only seen them lay eggs on surfaces. If those are eggs I would be cautious as I don't think they are theirs. The snails could be a different family of the species.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new