Do these two get along?

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure what the coral up front is but my Red Venom Chalice looks a little shivered up on the side closest to the other coral. Is it (chalice)
IMG_0429.JPG
getting stung?

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The front one looks like a scoly but it could be a lobo. If it's a scoly then you're fine. If it's a lobo then you will want to distance the two. Some chalice can also be quite damaging with its stings. Therefore, since you don't know what they are, it's best to just separate the two by 4 inches or so.

OP
OP
Leadfooted

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The front one looks like a scoly but it could be a lobo. If it's a scoly then you're fine. If it's a lobo then you will want to distance the two. Some chalice can also be quite damaging with its stings. Therefore, since you don't know what they are, it's best to just separate the two by 4 inches or so.

Thanks and after looking it up, I think it's a lobo. Thanks and I'll go ahead and move it. If anything you make a good point that the Chalice will eventually sting the lobo

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks and after looking it up, I think it's a lobo. Thanks and I'll go ahead and move it. If anything you make a good point that the Chalice will eventually sting the lobo

Possible but it's more likely for a lobo to sting a chalice. I was trying to say that even chalice had a couple specific kinds that are aggressive towards corals around it. But the lobos are just in general aggressive to begin with.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back