Do turbo snails eat vermetid snails?

Mr.fishMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So I had a severe vermetid snail outbreak. The vermetid snails where everywhere, so I removed them by taking out every single rock and crushing the vermetids. I probably crushed more than 100 of them (the outbreak was bad). Fast forward a couple of weeks and I notice them appearing again (probably about 8 of them at this point). Me being lazy, I ignore the problem and during a visit to my lfs, I decide to get 2 turbos.

Fast forward 2 more weeks and I can't see a single vermetid snail. The only thing that changed are the turbos.

I don't get it, are the turbos eating the vermetids? Or are they just crushing them when they bulldoze through the aquarium? (FYI, the vermetids are of the smaller kind and the turbos are absolutely massive in size).

What do you think?

OP
OP
M

Mr.fishMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought so too, but what i find strange is that the vermetids have suddenly disappeared. The turbos completely lack respect for any of my corals, so could it simply be that the turbos are so brutal that the vermetids are crushed when the turbos move about the tank?

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had turbos since I started my tank, they do not care at all for the vermitid snails , I did however buy some bumble bee snails to put to work

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought so too, but what i find strange is that the vermetids have suddenly disappeared. The turbos completely lack respect for any of my corals, so could it simply be that the turbos are so brutal that the vermetids are crushed when the turbos move about the tank?
Mmmmm, I don't think so. Everything is lighter in water. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 6.3%
Back