Do yasha gobies not pair with tiger pistols?

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few months back I had a pair of yellow watchman and a tiger pistol shrimp. Something happened to the shrimp and soon after that my watchman started to act goofy and hang towards the top of the tank. He then promptly disappeared as well. Well I decided I wanted to get a yasha goby to replace the yellow watchman. So I went to my lfs and picked up two Tasha’s and a tiger pistol shrimp. As far as pairing, nothing happened. And I later found my yellow watchman in my overflow doing pretty well.
Well last night I reintroduced the yellow watchman back into the tank, and in the morning i found him digging out a den with the shrimp.

Which leads me to the title of this post: if the yellow watchman paired up so fast, do yasha’s have a specific shrimp they pair up with?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
unsure of tiger pistols, but the two yasha's i had previously paired VERY quickly to a red banded/candy cane pistol shrimp.

Last edited:

Kettelkhan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha should pair just fine with a tiger pistol or a candy cane. However much harder to get both to pair with the pistol shrimp. They might become a trio, but definitely dont put two pistols in the same tank. Two gobies in same tank is fine, one might pair better with the shrimp and the other will find another spot to call home without a shrimp buddy or playing nice with the paired duo from time to time.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha should pair just fine with a tiger pistol or a candy cane. However much harder to get both to pair with the pistol shrimp. They might become a trio, but definitely dont put two pistols in the same tank. Two gobies in same tank is fine, one might pair better with the shrimp and the other will find another spot to call home without a shrimp buddy or playing nice with the paired duo from time to time.

It seems like yashas pair really well with candy canes, and YWG with tigers

But I prefer candy canes and my YWG have also paired with them as well

Why do you say don’t put two pistols in?

I have two candy canes that live across the sand from each other and they’re fine

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like yashas pair really well with candy canes, and YWG with tigers

But I prefer candy canes and my YWG have also paired with them as well

Why do you say don’t put two pistols in?

I have two candy canes that live across the sand from each other and they’re fine
I’m considering it. But my lfs hasn’t had any in lately. And buying them online is way too expensive for just one shrimp.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have two Tiger PS that live at different part of my 40 gal breeder tank, each pair with a different YWG. One pair at center of tank and the other pair R back corner.
I was hoping for them all to live together as a unit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back