Do you clean the algaes off from the snail shell?

The Muffinman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Location
Seoul, South Korea
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a 2 week newbie here who is cycling the tank with few snails and softies.

I have a trochus that has algae on its shell and I was wondering if I need to clean it off or they are just fine with that being there.

Thanks!

1694797357180.png
 
Just a 2 week newbie here who is cycling the tank with few snails and softies.

I have a trochus that has algae on its shell and I was wondering if I need to clean it off or they are just fine with that being there.

Thanks!

1694797357180.png
Welcome to R2R

I’d leave it. If you’ve got enough other herbivores, they will take care of it.
 
I sometimes see snails cleaning snails in my tank. The little ones tend to clean the big ones, and the big ones tend to clean the little ones!
 
Thanks all! I will just let him continue to do his superb job cleaning the tank :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new