Do you have a reefing tip that would be considered "underrated"?

Gumbies R Us

God, Bouldering, and Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
31,106
Reaction score
54,645
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all share our tips and tricks here to help each other better our tanks, but what about those tips that are "underrated". We know the common ones: Go slow, make sure your temperature for your tank is X degree etc..., but I want to hear some tips you believe are underrated. Let's hear about your underrated tips!
 
Command strips are my friend.
Command strips have been the bane of my existence recently, haha. I can never get them to stick properly and when I mess up placing one, the stickiness is toast on it.
 
Command strips have been the bane of my existence recently, haha. I can never get them to stick properly and when I mess up placing one, the stickiness is toast on it.
They can be annoying at times I'll give ya that!
 
Do you love it? Not "how much is it," "is it a good deal," "how hard is it to keep," etc...


Is that fish/coral your dream? Design your system around them and their needs. Go after the thing you truly want and not what others tell you you want/what's on sale/what is recommended to you.

Does that mean house a blue tang you want in a 30 gallon tank? No. That means if that's your dream fish design a 180g tank around that specific dream and read as much as you can about caring for that specific organism.

There are 1000 different ways to do the hobby. Learn to do the hobby the way that will allow you to actually achieve your dream tank.
 
We all share our tips and tricks here to help each other better our tanks, but what about those tips that are "underrated". We know the common ones: Go slow, make sure your temperature for your tank is X degree etc..., but I want to hear some tips you believe are underrated. Let's hear about your underrated tips!
To stop believing that the minimum tank size is actually going to be adequate. It is often very wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new