Do you like Seahorses and why?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,847
Reaction score
122,425
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Over the years I have talked to many non-aquarists who are thinking of getting and aquarium and one thing I have heard many say is that they want seahorses. I explain to them that is fine but they mostly like to stay hitched to things instead of swimming around a lot. I am a big fan of active livestock in my aquarium so I warn them not to expect to much in that regard.

Am I way off base and maybe I need a little seahorse education.?

Do you like Seahorses and why?

dads-seahorse.jpg

image
 
Yes! They are cute as buttons!! :kiss:
 
I LOVE seahorses!!! There is just something so tranquil and elegant about them. No matter what kind of day I have had, sitting and watching these wonderful creatures makes it all ok. They are wonderful for stress relief!
 
I like them. They're such peaceful creatures.
 
My seahorse swims around a lot. As soon as I go near the tank, she starts swaying around. She does hitch, but is very active. I think that part of the reason they stay hitched is because the tank has too much flow. This makes it hard for them to swim.

I'll try to get video of her.
 
Looking forward to video!
 
I enjoy my seahorses. Tank Bred are more active then wild caught. I have both wild caught Erectus, and tank bred Erectus. The tank bred pretty much greet you when you go near the tank. The wild caught like to just sit there. I also have dwarf seahorses. I like those due to their small size, and smaller tank requirements. Interesting to watch, and the fry are easy to raise as well.
 
Walter and George get in here!...these two guys are our club's (LIRA) seahorse breeders. They love them so much that they and a third friend drove all the way from Long Island to Michican for a marine conference to get more info on them.......someone ask Walter about the little Tiger shark that almost ate his boat he recently caught only a mile out off our Long Island waters...LOL
 
I adore seahorses & maybe one day I'll set up a seahorse tank. : )

They're just so beautiful & peaceful... It's something really relaxing to watch after a long day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new