Do you name your fish? Why or why not?

Even many of the corals get names. But certainly my fish get names.
20181203_194416.jpg

Dick n jane are my clowns.
 
My ex-gf used to name all the fish. She had a theme of "stodgy sounding british names", but when I had a harem of Anthias, she named them Henry and the wives, which I thought was pretty clever honestly...

I'm the opposite, I never name them. It's not due to lack of attachment, I mean, I had a blue hippo tang that just died a year or so ago at the ripe old tank-age of about 18 years... I miss that fella. I think she named him Fritz, maybe? dunno..
 
My wife names our fish. The clowns both started out as male, but one transitioned to female. She named them Bruce and Caitlyn. o_O

Clowns.png

The two blue chromis are "The Blues Brothers"...Jake & Elwood.

Blue Chromis.jpg

The kole tang is Hawkeye (a surgeon fish...like the MASH character)

The cleaner shrimp is Sebastion.
 
Benny the blenny

That’s our Lawnmower Blenny’s name too (-:

Nicole and Tom the Occ Clownfish pair (we are Aussies, that may help with the reference, males smaller than the females)

Carol the Yellow Tang (bought with a Christmas voucher)

Annie the Fire Goby
Prince the Orchid Dottyback
Elton the Sixline Wrasse
Jeff (Jefferson) the Starfish
Angus the Coral Banded Shrimp
(theme going on here)
 
Our clowns have names. some how at the store my 3 year old got Nemo mixed up with eenie meenie miney mo. she said "look mommy clown fish like meemie mimey mo" so their names are meeme and mimey. Lol we plan to get another fish and call him mo mabey a sand sifter.
 
I name my fish. I just started a new nano reef tank and got a Snowflake Clownfish. Named him Gilmore. Got the name from the Patriots Cornerback who I met a few days before I got the fish, but since it has “Gil” in it, I thought it was pretty fitting name for a fish! Lol.
 
I rarely do, the only fish that I have named is a green spotted mandarin dragonet, named Chubchubs. She is fat, that's why I named her that.
 
I have an inbred maroon clownfish named Quasimoto. Due credit to a post I saw on the internet. my other clownfish is named swimmy. Blue chromis named flash. wrasse named mr. limpet. Blue throat trigger and pink spot goby named Carlos and Fred. originally i had those names reversed but changed them due to personality.
Almost forgot. A trio of anthias named the three little pigs.
 
Last edited:
I do because most people don't know which fish I'm talking about if I mention my wrasse. You give them a name and they will come running to tell me about what weird thing (fish name here) did.
 
I do because most people don't know which fish I'm talking about if I mention my wrasse. You give them a name and they will come running to tell me about what weird thing (fish name here) did.
 
We name all our fish:

Male clown: Ozzy
Female clown: Lara
Purple Tang: Rarity (4 year old daughter’s choice, as she is obsessed with my little pony)
Kole Tang: Cole
Lamarck Angel: Marky-Mark
Blue Throat Trigger (in QT): Tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new