Do you recommend blue green chromis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Miami Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Get an automatic feeder. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Fill it with high quality crushed flake and X-small and small pellets. Put it on the smallest serving (unless it’s a massive tank) but have it drop 5 or 6x a day. My cheap battery operated one tends to last more than a month on a single load. I’ve had a group of 9 in a 140g for two years this way, no issues.
 
@nereefpat Thank you so much for writing that post. I bought 4 dispar anthias and I’m down to 1. I had no clue why. I only feed frozen food once a day.
Most anthias like many wrasses are cruisers with very high metabolism. Their cruising is actually hunting. They are one of the species I refer to as pod hunters. I only feed my tanks once a day as well, but I stick them heavily with pods so have really good luck with the different hunters.

Pods would be a great way to feed your fish constantly throughout the day without raising nitrates and phosphates.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new