Do you still follow dosing instructions after 6x15% water changes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my ICP test results and it says to do 6x15% water changes. It also suggest doing some dosing of certain trace elements. Does the dosing suggestions still apply after doing the water changes? Aren't I dealing with new water at that point and wouldn't that render the test results moot until my next ICP?

jvb89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally that is what I would do. Wait to see if the water changes fix the issue.

Robert's Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my ICP test results and it says to do 6x15% water changes. It also suggest doing some dosing of certain trace elements. Does the dosing suggestions still apply after doing the water changes? Aren't I dealing with new water at that point and wouldn't that render the test results moot until my next ICP?
What I was told by Triton was to rise the additives after the water change.

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a BIG discussion on the Triton FB page about this the other week. Many varied opinions, water changes then additives, additives then water changes, half and half etc etc. Shame Triton don’t give more information on the method.

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my new test results this morning. For the most part, everything looks good and I got my typical suggestion to add potassium, strontium, and boron. Unfortunately, I have over 7 ug/l Antimony so the water change suggestion was given. Since a 6 x 15% WC introduces about 62% new water, I'm going to adjust any dosing suggestion to 38%. Then I'm only adjusting the portion of my tank water that I tested and I'm not wasting additives by dosing and then WC. I'm not ignoring the dosing suggestions altogether because even after the WCs, 38% of the tank water has a deficiency and that should be corrected.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back