Do you think zoas are overrated?

Do you think zoas are overrated?

  • Yes they are overrated/overhyped!

    Votes: 40 40.4%
  • NOPE, I think they're great!

    Votes: 59 59.6%

  • Total voters
    99
Wish I could grow them, they always seem to just fade away on me. Now paly's are a different story. I can't make them stop.
 
Anything north of $100 for a XYZ is overrated.
Every frag in my last tank was <100$ (gold torch came close)

IMG-1999.jpg
 
brass tacks.....
Some zoas are absolutely beautiful.............
if you have a garden on your rocks and if ever you wish to get rid of said zoas good luck, they are like weeds once established
 
So long as mine don’t melt, I love these.

I have some zoas that are great and others that are weeds that I need to figure out how best to control without harming the corals the zoas are trying to over run
 

Attachments

  • IDG_20251229_084549_908.jpeg
    IDG_20251229_084549_908.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 45
The repeating patterns give me the hibbie jibbies. I'm sure thats some kind of phobia. Not everything with similar patterns do but maybe the pictures I see of zoas are too close up. Plus the paly toxin part is scary. Im working in the tank often managing my naughty urchin. But the colors available are awesome.
 
My Hippo Tang doesn’t think so. He eats them like I eat ice cream.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new