DOA Emerald

  • Thread starter Thread starter DLHDesign
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2016
Messages
3,259
Reaction score
4,935
Location
Lathrop, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the below emerald crab DOA today (1 of 5 - the other 4 are fine). I'm curious what the stuff is in the pic, however - I've not seen this "tail" on other emeralds. Is this just what happens after death?
IMG_1961.JPG
 
Egg mass.
I was wondering if that was the case.
Too bad that specific one didn't make it (likely related?). Not that it would have mattered anyways; seems odds of survival for crab fry is very low in general in tanks...
 
Its the flap that hides the genitals of the crab. The width and shape of it of it suggests a female crab. The black stuff is roe (eggs)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new