DOA Foxface in 65 degree water?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lunasea_5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lunasea_5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2023
Messages
746
Reaction score
1,124
Location
Florida
I recently made an order for a small One Spot Foxface from Live Aquaria. I had not bought fish from them for probably a decade but they had what I wanted in stock. Unfortunately the poor fish arrived DOA, with the main thing I noticed when taking the bag out of the box was how cold it was. I measured the water temperature which was at most 65 degrees F, way too low for any tropical marine fish. I realize the fish was shipping from CA to FL and temps are still quite warm, but there were two small cold packs in the box and all that did was to cool everything instead of holding any stable temperature. Was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this - I'm likely only going to get store credit from them so trying to gauge if I should even bother getting livestock from them again.
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new