Does anybody know what this is?

COrEAL4Real

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find anything on it. But a little backstory might help it. About 6 months ago a large snail knocked over a xenia and it ultimately died. Very very shortly after this white powderlike fungus looking substance starting appearing. First on the glass then on the rocks. I did alot of water changes and even changed up some different filter medias. Its my fiances tank. Heres the best pictures i have. She doesnt really do anything for her tank. I do. She just looks at it.
20190707_132318.jpeg
20190707_132308.jpeg
20190707_132302.jpeg
 
Is it just white powdery stuff you’re talking about? I get that from time to time. I’ve seen it referred to as “marine dust”. Consider increasing water movement. Occasionally, I grab a Powerhead and use it to blast the stuff off the live rocks. Careful not to blast it when it’s built up like that or you’ll have a sand storm on your hands.
 
Is it just white powdery stuff you’re talking about? I get that from time to time. I’ve seen it referred to as “marine dust”. Consider increasing water movement. Occasionally, I grab a Powerhead and use it to blast the stuff off the live rocks. Careful not to blast it when it’s built up like that or you’ll have a sand storm on your hands.
Yea the pump is a little weak for the fluval sea evo 13.5 double return flow. I have some easy ideas. I recommended her looking into a small powerhead and she didnt like it. But she also didnt consider it very well. Shes gonna end up with one. [emoji6] thanks
 
I get that too. Think its bacteria. Do you dose carbon or a bacteria supplement like MB7?
 
Yea the pump is a little weak for the fluval sea evo 13.5 double return flow. I have some easy ideas. I recommended her looking into a small powerhead and she didnt like it. But she also didnt consider it very well. Shes gonna end up with one. [emoji6] thanks

Keep up the good work ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new