Does anyone have Regal angel feeding tricks or techniques?

Lil' RegalReefster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Regal angel for 6 weeks now, 4 of which he has been eating. The only problem is that he will only eat clam and chopped squid. This makes it quite difficult to diversify his diet and takes more effort to feed him. If anyone has experience with these fish please advise and if anybody has some ideas or techniques I could try, it would be very, very much appreciated!

So far I have tried spirulina, LRS reef frenzy (even stuffed it in a clam), tree sponge (living and dried out), Purple and green seaweed (he did show some interest in this), brine shrimp, blood worms, Mysis (may try this one again but I need to get more), krill, masstick mixed with LRS, micro pellets and even some cheato. I have even tried soaking all of the above in clam juice and amino acids. Still no luck.

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try fresh chopped shellfish with small amounts of LRS... increase the LRS each week.
Worked for me once, good luck, great fish.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bare bottom tank where he is alone so that it gives him time to stare at pellets and flake on the bottom long enough that he will try it. Also PE mysis.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have luck with mix the food that he is eating with food that you want for him to eat. Increase the portion when you see that he start to eat the new food.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back