Does anyone know what lighting system CornBred uses on acros?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone could fill me in on this. Their colors omare incredible and when i saw their Golden Pink Cadillac mother colony I was blown away. Does anyone know what they run for lighting? And is that it or do they dose special supplements for their acros?
I had purchased multiple pieces from him and paid the price. The colors were close to what was pictured. I’ve run only Radion Pros, the colors are there. Good experience with him. If I had an issue with the shipment he was right there for a solution.

OP
OP
Phelipe's Ocean

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had purchased multiple pieces from him and paid the price. The colors were close to what was pictured. I’ve run only Radion Pros, the colors are there. Good experience with him. If I had an issue with the shipment he was right there for a solution.

Good to hear, mine arrives tomorrow morning. And i heard he throws in freebies?

OP
OP
Phelipe's Ocean

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I received my order, not the best experience but not the worst either waiting on a response. Jd is fine but it arrived popped, and he sent me the skittys millie instead of the skittys acro

x2uranium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the freebie an anacropra "the thing"

lol! mine was .....and I threw it in my frag tank as a tester and It died
.. the other was red stag and something else I couldn't remember.. but my red stag is purple and red under my radions and looks incredible.
edit..

and its still tiny

LOL

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things happen, my recent JF order had one bag that leaked, bottom of box was soaked, another frag was loose of the plug which was ok with me. This was a first in a JF box but everything was OK.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased most of his through EB also, message was sent through EB correct? Going through there you have options if needed. Send a second message if you haven’t heard anything.

OP
OP
Phelipe's Ocean

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased most of his through EB also, message was sent through EB correct? Going through there you have options if needed. Send a second message if you haven’t heard anything.

I sent 3 haha i will see if he responds by tonight

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take pics In case you have to open a case for the incorrect item sent...item not received, not as described.

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I would like to add that some of his corals just appear to be re named in his tank apparently
I've had an identical experience.
The two times I've bought from him the freebies were really nice.
One, I believe was a Granulosa.
When it grew out it was my wife's favorite and she doesn't even care for sticks.
The other looks just as good or better than the one I bought.
Then there is the "Fiery Pink Lemonade" I purchased from him a few years back.
It happened to be right next to a "conventional" Pink Lemonade and a WWC "Fruit Ninja" Acro, in my squarium.
The conventional PL and the Fruit Ninja appeared identical and both had more intense coloration than the Cornbred version. However about one year later his version developed coloration that was more intense than the other two.
That's the thing with Acro's it can take some time until they blossom in your tank.
And yes most of his frags are quite small but he does specify the size.
Also make sure you look at the right photo as he will post multiples some of which will not be what you are getting.

OP
OP
Phelipe's Ocean

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure he'll respond within 24 hours. How does the jawdropper look unfer your lights?

Its got really good color. My daylights are on right now and it still looks incredible. I can’t find much info on them high light or low light? Slow grower or fast grower? It will be a learning curve.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back