0   0   0
Found these in my sump. IMG_20170614_161037014_HDR.jpg

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can get rid of them purposefully, so it's a little moot. :p But yes, they do seem as beneficial as any other small snail – with the bonus that they seem to do a good job reproducing on their own!

Asterina stars and Limpets are probably 90% of my cleanup crew. :)

OP
OP
Stevyn Perry

Stevyn Perry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can get rid of them purposefully, so it's a little moot. :p But yes, they do seem as beneficial as any other small snail – with the bonus that they seem to do a good job reproducing on their own!

Asterina stars and Limpets are probably 90% of my cleanup crew. :)

Well that's good to hear, any thoughts on that sponge looking thing?

Steve Cummings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping someone can help identify what this is. I'm not new to fish tanks, but this is my first saltwater tank. My wife seen this yesterday so I took a picture of it. I just thought it was some sort of algea growing. When I got home today it was gone. It kind of looks like a starfish the more I looked at the picture. I just want to know is it something I need to get out of my tank when I see it next time. Thanks
IMG_20170518_213232.jpg
hi I have a 55 gallon we have Aton of those they are harmless Intill they breed then you will have a lot of them after that if you get a clam or any coral be very cautious a way to get rid of them is to get an harlequin shrimp they will eat them also they don't get bigger than a dime.

OP
OP
Stevyn Perry

Stevyn Perry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that it's a sponge-looking thing....watch it grow and try to keep it alive! :)
Shouldn't be too hard there are 4 of them in my sump. I will take a couple of pictures of other sponges growing in the DT in a little while. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
Stevyn Perry

Stevyn Perry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the other sponges things that are growing in the DT. Any clew what they are? IMG_20170618_093656.jpg

OP
OP
Stevyn Perry

Stevyn Perry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, got another one for ya. Just found this chilling out on my front glass. Can anyone ID please. IMG_20170717_194953919.jpg

OP
OP
Stevyn Perry

Stevyn Perry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reposted this picture in the hitch hiker forum also. Better chance of it getting seen there. That's what the consensus was there too.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back