Does anyone recognize this acro?

acropora4u

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
2,731
Reaction score
1,200
Location
here
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this is, but it’s been in the same spot for about six months and hasn’t grown a stitch. Getting lots of par at 350 to 450+ a lot of flow should I move it maybe two less par and less flow?

IMG_6680.jpeg
 
450+ is very high for almost all sps, I would try having it in a bit lower light. How is your water chemistry? Do you have other coral growing well? If all growth is slow, maybe turning down the lighting intensity a bit generally would help.
 
Hard to tell, but it looks a lot like one that I have that was given to me under the name wwc yellow tip. As it grew from a one inch frag, I notices that it doesn't resemble pictures of it. It reminds me of an older coral I had in the past, ora frogskin. But who knows, and really, who cares?

Lights just came on and super blue at the moment but the tips closely resemble yours.

20241028_093407.jpg
 
Hard to tell, but it looks a lot like one that I have that was given to me under the name wwc yellow tip. As it grew from a one inch frag, I notices that it doesn't resemble pictures of it. It reminds me of an older coral I had in the past, ora frogskin. But who knows, and really, who cares?

Lights just came on and super blue at the moment but the tips closely resemble yours.

20241028_093407.jpg
Thanks, but this one is super yellow
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new