Does anyone run 2 skimmers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emac909
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Emac909

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
255
Reaction score
126
Location
Redlands, SoCal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else runs double skimmers? I know back in the days it was a very common practice. I'm currently running 2 i-Tech 200 skimmers on my 300 gallon tank. Ok well I have 2 skimmers under my tank but only one is currently running. When I was running both my SPS were pale in color. So I decided to shut one down for a while to see if it helped.
 
I ran (2) BK Mini 180's one time on my 180g tank. I didn't see any advantage in this after a couple of months IMO. Seems one always pulled the bulk of organics from my water and the other barely produced anything into the cup. I checked the air draw with my dwyer and both were pulling the same.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new