Does anyone sell corrected color cards for kits.

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Someone just posted this mabey it'll help as it seems right with what your asking

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So read the kit outside in daylight? FWIW I am currently reading the card under "daylight" LED house lighting. I am also frustrated with the color chart on the redsea kit and feel as if I'm guessing at the true result.

Read it where the manufacturer intended. If they do not say, there's no way to be sure. lol

OP
OP
H

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that lightning plays a part but the colors don’t match under any light. Sun, clouds, led , cfl hence why I think it’s poor printing or just incorrect color choice. I could DIY but it requires a bit of time and a decent scale to get it right . I’d need to mix up exactly 4 ppm nitrate and then dilute to hit all the bands.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would anyone tank water be a difrent color then anyone else's if the water is clean it is all the same color as water has no color when clean it is clear

Also red sea test kits I have not used only the single vile types which have to be viewed against a white backdrop under daylight

next time you change your water you will see it’s not the same colour as the new, so yes different tanks can have different coloured water, depending on the last water change and media use such as carbon etc.

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
next time you change your water you will see it’s not the same colour as the new, so yes different tanks can have different coloured water, depending on the last water change and media use such as carbon etc.
Again if your water is any other color then clear its dirty and you should add some carbon or somthing to buff the water and or uv to kill any free floating algae to keep it clear my water is the same color comming out as going in once agin water is all the same color only reason it would not be is there is somthing else in it causing the discoloratuon that needs to be removed otherwise you are lossing par fue to the cloudiness and or discoloration

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again if your water is any other color then clear its dirty and you should add some carbon or somthing to buff the water and or uv to kill any free floating algae to keep it clear my water is the same color comming out as going in once agin water is all the same color only reason it would not be is there is somthing else in it causing the discoloratuon that needs to be removed otherwise you are lossing par fue to the cloudiness and or discoloration

So your argument is all water should be clear! Fact is it isn’t, people do their water changes at different times and add/change media at different times etc

this would be enough to alter the colour.

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure in the Red Sea nitrate test kit it comes with a red advisory sheet to read it under a certain kelvin light. I’m not sure what that was but I use the Hanna nitrate checker now and no harder then the red sea

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back