Does anyone use the Orphek Amazonas 320w COB LED?

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look very appealing and the price is right. Looking for feedback from anyone that has them on their reef tank!

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that, i suppose i could dust off my trigonometry skills to attempt to figure out spread but that won't give me an idea of real world performance. I am a pretty smart guy but i have no idea what some of these graphs represent...

Like this ...
Amazonas-320-45D-LUX00001.png

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

;)

Only real important one for most things is the field angle vs beam angle..
Beam angle gives you spread w/ 50% output..
18780 candelas in this case.. Assume candela for now. can be any metric.
Field angle 10% so wider as it includes more (weaker) light..

and for this purpose obviously you don't want light "backwards" ie negative angles in the polar distribution..
I suppose, generally speaking you'd want light spread touching at the beam angle border at the water surface to get more uniform coverage. If targeting deeper it changes things..Just set lights to beam angle at depth..

Pointier (bottom graph) the more "hot spotting" in a sense..

At least as I understand it..

and:
pattern

In most common situations, one of two methods is used to define the beam angle; the first looks for the angle at which 50% of the peak intensity is reached on either side of the origin. The second looks for the angle at which 10% of the peak intensity is reached on each side of the origin. Most commonly used is the Full Width, Half Maximum (FWHM) relating to 50% intensity, if for example an LED was measured to have 50% intensity at 15° it’s viewing angle (FWHM) would be 30°.

not really my second language and have a basic working knowledge of all this sooo.. bear with me..

2017-2-1-p2-e1485787035689.jpg

sorry.. It's an illness... :)

best way to understand them is to go to like Ledil where you can see the pattern AND usually a visual of what it represents..
This case a fresnel type lens..

3d..

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back