OP
OP
childress5tyler

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, who has these reefs where you can take rocks and corals out at will? My rocks are all carefully interlocked and the corals encrusted. But that was just an aside. Interesting about the H2O2. Any way it could be used inside the tank?

That's my problem... I want them gone, desperately, but I'm not in any position to remove the rock long term due to acros and montis encusting on it.

chefb_5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blue clove

I to really would like to know how to kill these darn things off without having to remove rock? I'v heard Kalk paste I'v heard cold water with brush.. I'm desperate at this time to get these darn things out?

djoutkast22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whippetguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed some around an aiptasia that I hit with aiptasia X worked in that spot to kill the polyps. I think it would work if you have a small spot, but I wouldn't cover a large area with the stuff.

fletch999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I to really would like to know how to kill these darn things off without having to remove rock? I'v heard Kalk paste I'v heard cold water with brush.. I'm desperate at this time to get these darn things out?

I am killing them with by putting kalk paste on them for a few hours then scrub them with a tooth brush. very slow process but I think I am winning the battle.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be quite easy to remove by scraping w a wooden stick. Aiptasia x melts them too. I wouldn't want to have to deal w large swaths of them, but I'm not too worried in my nano. Another blessing of a little tank.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be quite easy to remove by scraping w a wooden stick. Aiptasia x melts them too. I wouldn't want to have to deal w large swaths of them, but I'm not too worried in my nano. Another blessing of a little tank.

They are very easy to remove. Anything rubbed or brushed against them clears the area. Problem is they come back in force. I thought I got rid of all of mine with a toothbrush but I was just spreading them.

alliecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send them out to me I'd like to cover my back wall with these in a few of my tanks but no one in my area has these

alliecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh thanks someone finally recognized what he is!!!! I have 2 males they're such good boys lol

alliecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my boys are 3 and 2 they're young I DNA'd them but you can tell by looking at them too. Males have a very short and shallow "v" while the females "v" extends down the abdomen. Also a males under tail feathers are pure yellow whereas a female will have some green. I can sex any sennie by looking at them I work with birds but I'm in school to be an avian vet. Pm me a pic and I can sex it make sure you get a picture of underneath if you can. (Sorry for the hijack) or if you really wanted to DNA it that's easy too I can tell you how that's done

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back