Does Chemipure affect coral

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havw Gsp and a bunch of kenya trees, I also have red cyano Algae that is slowly approachinto my coral. Ive used chemipure in the past but never with coral in the tank. Would this affect the coral at all, I don’t want to cyano anywhere near the coral or in the tank at all.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually nevermind, it says it’s safe for corals on the box. Sorry.
It is always good to ask about products here instead of believing labels. Many are simply inaccurate.

The Chemiclean label is highly misleading, if that is the product you mean.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is always good to ask about products here instead of believing labels. Many are simply inaccurate.

image.jpg

This one.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In essence it is just an antibiotic and it will have an effect on your good bacterial population. Lots of people have used the product including myself. I used it early on in the hobby and I doubt I would ever use it again. It does work if you follow the directions exactly as stated. Just be careful and keep your nutrients in check.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you wanting to use it?
I would, imo, use natural ways to deal with problems before relying on this product. Only as a last resort would I use it. It may open up many more doors to more problems.
In essence it is just an antibiotic and it will have an effect on your good bacterial population. Lots of people have used the product including myself. I used it early on in the hobby and I doubt I would ever use it again. It does work if you follow the directions exactly as stated. Just be careful and keep your nutrients in check.
I understand, thank you, im really just trying to get rid of the cyano algae that killed my old zoa population. This stuff worked once before in the same tank to get rid of it. I think ill use it, everything i have in the tank is very hardy including my corals.

TheNewGuy321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've had STN come and go and come back again over a six month period. Im like 90% sure it bad bacteria because my tank is full of frags and its only effecting my birdsnest: STN from the base up. I heard you can help solve STN with Chemiclean and then add Micobackter 7 or Dr.Tim after to add back the good bacteria. what do you think?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive lost a few heads of coral while using chemiclean. I dont know if it was user error, something with the tank or the chemi clean...but I generally will no longer use it as a first (or second) second choice solution.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back