OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using their low range phosphate checker, most of the data falls within the accuracy range of the checker. The phosphate levels are something like 0.05 ppm +/- .04 (.01 to 0.09). Great numbers in my book!

From hanna’s site:
Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F±0.04 ppm ±4% of reading
That's interesting. The variations could simply be down to the testers accuracy?
I use the 'regular' Hanna Phosphate checker. HI 713.

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread makes me question is chemi pure blue is better for me. My phosphates have always been a struggle to keep under control. Every week, it typically climbs from .07 then goes back down after I do a water change and dose MB7. That’s kinda been the weekly routine to keep it in check. But hearing that chemi pure blue doesn’t have a significant effect on phosphates, I’m questioning on whether or not to try chemi pure elite

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread makes me question is chemi pure blue is better for me. My phosphates have always been a struggle to keep under control. Every week, it typically climbs from .07 then goes back down after I do a water change and dose MB7. That’s kinda been the weekly routine to keep it in check. But hearing that chemi pure blue doesn’t have a significant effect on phosphates, I’m questioning on whether or not to try chemi pure elite

Do you mean it climbs "to" 0.07 ? What does it drop to after the WC ?
0.07 is a good number.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean it climbs "to" 0.07 ? What does it drop to after the WC ?
0.07 is a good number.
Sorry forgot to clarify. It typically climbs .07 every week and then typically goes to .04 after wc and MB7. Some weeks it goes to .06 some weeks .03 just depends. Highest it has been was .19 which was just recently. I did feed more in that time period but it was only because I was making sure my new fish was getting enough food. Lesson learned.

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry forgot to clarify. It typically climbs .07 every week and then typically goes to .04 after wc and MB7. Some weeks it goes to .06 some weeks .03 just depends. Highest it has been was .19 which was just recently. I did feed more in that time period but it was only because I was making sure my new fish was getting enough food. Lesson learned.
I would say that all those numbers are perfectly fine . Even the .19 is not a killer red flag imo. If I were you, and this is just my opinion, I wouldn't change anything you're doing. Are you feeding pellets or flake ? they're phosphate bombs ime. :).

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that all those numbers are perfectly fine . Even the .19 is not a killer red flag imo. If I were you, and this is just my opinion, I wouldn't change anything you're doing. Are you feeding pellets or flake ? they're phosphate bombs ime. :).
I agree they are phos bombs. I use flakes which I know are the worse of the options. I do have pellets that I feed but I always start feeding my fish flakes when they’re added because they easier for the fish to snag out of the water column than the pellets

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back