Does CO2 scrubber media expire

  • Thread starter Thread starter GSnake
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GSnake

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
642
Reaction score
266
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I setup a recirculating CO2 scrubber and it's working great. 7.8 to 8.1ph.

I was was thinking about getting a bucket of sodasorb instead of small one kg bags to save some $$. Does open container sodasorb expire at all? I imagine not, but there's a reefing vid using a CO2 scrubber and he mentioned a expiry on the bag. Not sure about this
 
My bags also have an expiration date. I purchased from a vet supply.
 
I am using Jorvet Soda lime Granules from Ebay. Purchased 5Gal container for 100 and probably gonna last me a long time.
Yes, it does have expiration date but I don't think it matters much for us reefers! Probably losses some efficiency if expired (especially if the lid is not tightly closed) but still way cheaper than buying the media from Reef Specialty places.
20220903_221310.jpg
20220903_221349.jpg
 
i also saw that same one on ebay, ideal if your in the US.
I got myself a 5 gallon bucket of Carbolime medical grade for an equivalent price - Canada

It will probably be okay long term I imagine if sealed correctly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new