Does DOS have to be plugged into an apex power bar?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex jr with an extra EB8 power bar, but don’t have a free outlet for a DOS, which I’m thinking about buying. The plug looks pretty big too from the pics. If I connect the DOS with an Aquabus cable to the apex system (I have room to add another module), can I plug it in to a regular power bar (I have one with plenty of room in the electrical stand by my tank).

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, regular outlet is fine.

"Plug one end of the included AquaBus cable into either of the AquaBus ports on the DŌS and the other end into an available AquaBus port anywhere on your existing Apex system. It makes no difference which AquaBus port is used and you do not need to power down the system when connecting AquaBus accessories as the system is plug-and-play. Then connect the power supply. There is no need to use an energy bar outlet – a wall outlet will suffice if available."

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ju
Nope, regular outlet is fine.

"Plug one end of the included AquaBus cable into either of the AquaBus ports on the DŌS and the other end into an available AquaBus port anywhere on your existing Apex system. It makes no difference which AquaBus port is used and you do not need to power down the system when connecting AquaBus accessories as the system is plug-and-play. Then connect the power supply. There is no need to use an energy bar outlet – a wall outlet will suffice if available."

thanks!!

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, you are wasting an outlet doing so. Just plug into a regular surge protector.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back