Does eel just stay in one place all the time?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gary_Yip
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gary_Yip

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
43
Location
Reno
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an eel recently and he is looking fine and happy in my tank. However, he just stays in one of my rock most of the time, and only put his head out when I am feeding it
Is that normal? or they only come out at night?
 
Mine pops up when it's hungry or when I remove the lids, prob thinks food is coming, lol.
It alternates between 2 caves, usually sticks to one more than the other.
 
Mine pops up when it's hungry or when I remove the lids, prob thinks food is coming, lol.
It alternates between 2 caves, usually sticks to one more than the other.
Yep they love food. They smell it like miles away once i dip the shrimp in the water
Today i spend 30 minutes to find my eel, and i end up find it inside one of my fake rock. Maybe it find another favorite spot!
 
When I had one he moved around for a few days, then found a favourite spot and stayed there until he was hungry, then he would come out and swim around until I fed him, it soon became a routine.
 
I found my greyfaced moray spends most of his time in one cave or another, only coming out to eat.

However at night, usually right around lights off he'll swim around the tank a bunch.
 
Once a territory is established, that is where they stay. They are alert at night but are eager to move at the presence of food
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new