Does kalk really help with PH.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I'm keeping my ALK around 9 now, but I was keeping it at 8 forever. With the ALK demand I'm also using a CA reactor and 2 part to keep levels stable, it would drop to under 7 in just a few hours if I pulled the other dosing methods. The Kalk reactor/CA reactor run all day, then I have a high demand right toward the end of the day, so a little 2 part is added over those 4 hours to help even that out a little bit.

Whiskey
You have a carx and kalk at the same time?

im considering this option how is it working for you. Did you need to tone your carx down initially

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a carx and kalk at the same time?

im considering this option how is it working for you. Did you need to tone your carx down initially
Works great! The Kalk offsets the PH effects of the CA reactor, I really think Kalk and CA RX together is the magic solution to this problem, especially with the new Kamoer dosing pumps we have now to keep it stable and PH Probes to set and hold the PH inside the reactor.

At first when I started adding Kalk it took care of all my CA/ALK needs, but a couple days later it raised my PH so much that growth took off. Once that happened my CA/ALK demand actually skyrocketed and I started dosing more and more two part, until I went to the CA Reactor because of cost.

Whiskey

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you say average monthly cost for Kalk stirrer is ?
I don't use a stirrer but I do use Kalk. My 300 Gallon System that is all Acros with some large grown in colonies uses 2.25 Gallons of Fully Saturated Kalk per day.

I use Captiv8 Aquaculture Kalk, at cost of $0.014/Gram.

It works out to $0.19/day for me.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back