Does my Duncan have a disease?

xREEFINaintEZx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
172
Reaction score
90
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, was moving my Duncan and saw this on its side. Any ideas? Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, niTRATE 25, phos .5, calcium 400, mag unknown, alkalinity 9, pH 8. I haven't done anything differently in last 8 months

IMG_20160925_114022.jpg


IMG_20160925_114528.jpg
 
Do u run LEDs?
 
yep, i run 2 reef breeder superlux at 5%blue and 5% white. and he normally looks like this

IMG_20160825_082339.jpg
 
Close to any other corsl that could sting it?
Do you feed it?
 
nope. just aiptasia and vermetid snails that i crush if i see any webs near it.
 
feeding... I kinda got thrown into reefkeeping a little faster then i should of, back when i thought it was a sun coral id spot feed every day. last 2 months every other day or every 3 days.
 
I checked. I see 3 in the area but seem to be well out of reach. Tonight I'm going to see if anybody is munching on him. Those 3 polyp's look hard and dead/dying. Keeping fingers crossed it will stop there.
 
It's very possible aiptasia stung it. Does this appear to be brown jelly disease to anyone?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new