Does my new Red Sea Sump have a leak?

SadPandaBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am water testing my new Red Sea 3xxl 900. When I filled up the sump which sits on a foam pad in the stand it looks as though there is water or air trapped under there, or just that the foam is being pressed against the glass more in a specific spot. I did notice this right away, however monitor over 24 hours it does not appear to have spread at all. There is no water coming out of the stand and all the foam that I can feel under the sump is dry. Does this look like a leak or is it normal for glass to look like this when sitting on some sort of pad.
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

It could be condensation build up from the water temp and the foam. One thing ill recommend you do is to make sure that the foam overlaps the sump, or get the foam as close to the edges of the sump as possible. Not that the sump has a huge water volume, but leaving the edges suspended like that might cause you problems in the long run.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

The sure test of any leak is change in water levels over time. Mark a waterline on the sump and check the that level for the next few days.

Good luck and looking forward to reading about your build.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back