Does my wrasse have swim bladder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brah02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brah02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
408
Reaction score
203
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this yesterday. Upon doing research I thought it could be swim bladder. I gave him some peas but he wasn’t interested. Fed him kanaplex, added epsom salt. Don’t see any improvement today but as you can see in the video he can still swim straight when he wants to. He’s right in the current from the HOB on my quarantine tank, is he just hanging in the flow? Or is he sick? He’s been in QT about a week and a half so far. In there with a white tail bristle tooth, purple tile fish, and a purple firefish. All of which are acting fine besides the wrasse.
 
I noticed this yesterday. Upon doing research I thought it could be swim bladder. I gave him some peas but he wasn’t interested. Fed him kanaplex, added epsom salt. Don’t see any improvement today but as you can see in the video he can still swim straight when he wants to. He’s right in the current from the HOB on my quarantine tank, is he just hanging in the flow? Or is he sick? He’s been in QT about a week and a half so far. In there with a white tail bristle tooth, purple tile fish, and a purple firefish. All of which are acting fine besides the wrasse.
This is not swim bladder and looks to be a common issue with these fish known as UNWND which shows neurological symptoms where it either cannot swim well, swims tail down or swims with a bent spine and despite all this, the wrasse will still attempt to feed and display no damage such as crashing into objects. Other could be depending where fish is from, cyanide capture which is delayed but the fish ends up in this state
 
This is not swim bladder and looks to be a common issue with these fish known as UNWND which shows neurological symptoms where it either cannot swim well, swims tail down or swims with a bent spine and despite all this, the wrasse will still attempt to feed and display no damage such as crashing into objects. Other could be depending where fish is from, cyanide capture which is delayed but the fish ends up in this state
Any cure or fix for it? Or is he doomed?
 
No additive or fix. They improve or decline. . . Hate to say
 
He does still eat. Very sad, so there’s a 100% mortality rate?

I can’t say for certain if the rate is 100%, but it seems close to that.

Your wrasse doesn’t have as severe of swimming issues as I’ve seen, so maybe it will pull through.
 
Unfortunately he is not doing well today, just laying on the HOB filter sponge inlet. I have a feeling he'll pass today :(
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new