Does peroxide kill zoa eating nudi eggs?

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently I noticed that I picked up some zoa eating nudis and promptly dipped all my zoas in a 10-20% hyd. peroxide solution. Killed the nudis dead. Now about a full week later I dipped most of my zoas(the ones I spotted nudis on before) and came up empty as in I didn't find a single pest/nudi, just a couple of asterina stars. So I'm wondering if the peroxide might have killed any eggs.... or maybe it's possible there weren't any eggs(doubtfull) to begin with.

Any nudi experts on here? ;)

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I don't know about eggs but I guess it's a posibilty since it's such a powerful oxidizer

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it will not the only thing i have found to work is Bayer on the eggs, manual removal is the sure method.

bocomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually dip in Furan 2 for 15 minutes then at night I take out my blue flashlight and look for the adults (glowing from the zoa's they have eaten) and remove them. I always have sterile swabs ready if I see any eggs but so far I have been lucky and not noticed any. I have not had an outbreak and have caught all know hitchhikers to this point. I sometimes follow up with a freshwater dip but the furan 2 seems to do the trick (some of my zoa's, like rastas, appear to love the furan 2 dip)

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some rps all out yesterday just to make sure... still won't be sure but hopefully it will increase my chances of eliminating those suckers.

KatyEnochs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think hydrogen peroxide is the best dip by far. Not sure about it killing eggs, but just wait 10 days (or whatever the incubation period is) and dip again. Should only take 2 dips, or 3 at the most.

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dipped all my zoas and have been dipping in hyd peroxide weekly(approx) and so far haven't seen a single sign on the nudis in almost 3 weeks or more:)

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back