Does scraping glass harm the pods?

findingsimple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only just got my pods population to the point I can see them on my glass.

Does scraping/cleaning the glass harm them? Either literally injure individual ones or effect the population enough that I’d be going backwards?

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i see mine on the glass first thing before the lights come on with a torch...when the light hits them they scatter. I scrap the glass only 3 sides so I am guessing there is still plenty on the rear panel to eat, not to mention all the live rock..
imo scrap to ya hearts content

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course you'll smush or cut a few but once a population has started taking off that shouldn't be an issue. The glass is only where you can easily see them, they are also on the rocks.

They are close to the bottom of the food chain, they constantly get eaten by other stuff, killing a few while cleaning the glass doesn't factor in.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are just water bugs, bugs will always be there. Some get being eaten, some get shredded in filters, some get killed by your scraper.... but you'll never get rid of them completely. Feed phytoplankton to your tank to keep the populations up.

They live and hide primarily in millions of little holes and crevices in the rocks, you will never see the whole population.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back